Posted on Oct 2018
COMPANY: European MNC. Good benefits with career progression
LOCATION: Tuas – Transport provided at Jurong East
Asst Product Manager, APAC (Automotive)
A- New product introduction (NPI) and management
- Define product programs to be developed for each respective market in line with global product strategy.
• Develop competitive new products that meet or exceed THE COMPANY specifications maintaining premium brands image.
• Implement product development plan and monitor all development phases. Update all stakeholders of development status. Identify areas of improvements and concerns and recommend improvements when applicable.
• Coordinate with other departments the launch of every NPI items.
• Work closely with local sales/ product dept on market prices and information for new product introduction.
• Work closely with strategic sourcing on pricing, with both strategic sourcing and SDE (supplier development engineer) on new supplier developments and support local sourcing activities.
• Responsible for sourcing with suppliers for Joint Venture organization, to get the best price option for the market.
• Responsible for product life cycle and to maintain active range of products in both brands.
• Plan resources with technical team for resourcing or new developments activities.
B- Product marketing and market support
- Responsible for defining product packaging, product labels, product appearance etc. with suppliers
• Support sales and market development to increase sales revenue with special projects and programs, to lead and coordinate such activities.
• Introduce new products based on market growth plan/ market requirements.
• Identify Product USP (Unique Selling Point), conduct product benchmarking, data analysis, business case studies to support sales
• Work with marketing department on product marketing matters.
• Handle daily operational enquiries and issues from internal and external customers regarding products e.g. cross referencing, product fitment, application verification, supplier MOQ, resourcing of suppliers, packaging box problem etc.
- Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Fluent in speaking Mandarin and can read/write Mandarin.
• Good presentation skills
• Good analytical skills, pays attention to details and meticulous
• Good problem-solving skills
• Advanced skills in MS Office (especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
* Company provides attractive benefits which include bonuses, above-market perks and career progression.
**Pls send in your detailed cv ASAP stating your current, expected salaries, notice period and reason for leaving your last job to firstname.lastname@example.org.